Monday 25 July 2016

Customer Quilting - Felt Coins, Feathers, and Tumblers.

I've been busy at the moment with customer quilts and last week was a very enjoyable.
First up was this lovely tumbler quilt made by Gail.
It is all batiks and I used a dark gold Glide thread which looked good on the darker coloured tumblers and also on the lighter ones.


Gail wanted an all over pattern that was not too dense. This design is by Angela Huffman. ( You Tube)
 I thought it was perfect. So much fun to do and it creates a lovely texture on the top of the quilt.
The wadding was Hobbs Heirloom, one layer.

                                                                  Back view.



 Next up was a pair of linen cushion covers made by Alison.  The felt coins were gifted to her by an American friend and this is what she did with them.  I think they are fab!..

 I did a little drawing and came up with a quilting design, I marked the spine of the feathers and measured certain points to make sure the feathers had a uniform look to them. I wanted them to frame the coins.





 Freehand feathers.....love them!
 My first time quilting on linen I have to say it really does have a luxurious feel to it.
These are ready to be made into cushions now. Looking forward to seeing them all finished.

The back of the work.

That's all for just now but I do have a lot on the go so more soon!
Thanks for visiting today.
Rhianon.


5 comments:

Sharlee said...

Your work is Awesome such an inspiration!!!

Doreen said...

I do hope those seat covers are for a dining type/firm seated chair!! Anything with even a little cushion beneath will cause the cover to pull when sat on. They are so gorgeous with those feathers!! I haven't stitched on linen but this is fantastic! Also, that pattern of Angela Walters is a really good one! I'll have to give it a try. Looks like it fills in even the odd shaped spaces very evenly (of course much of that is due to a very talented textile artist.......like YOU, my dear!! *smile*).

Patsy said...

Absolutely beautiful quilting on those covers! Your feathers are a perfect frame for the coins.

Robby said...

Love those tumblers. You started with a gorgeous quilt top and made it even better. Hope the creator loves it.

KaHolly said...

Your work is brilliant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...