Friday 15 May 2015

Jelly Roll Quilt - Finished!

Hello 
I got my jelly roll quilt finished.
its gone from this....


to this.........




It took a while, but I made all the petals and leaves separately and sewed them down whilst the quilt was still on the frame.
I stitched the Suffolk puffs down by hand.










 I'm pretty pleased with my quilting here.  It was a challenge to get the feathers to snake around the center section and get them to fit into the space. I've not done that before. I had to roll the quilt back and forth - a lot.



I will be entering this into my local show later in the year.  I always wanted to make a blue and white quilt and now I have.
I've been very busy working on a charity quilt recently.  Here's a wee sneaky peek to finish this post.
More next time......
Until then, happy sewing.
Rhianon.



16 comments:

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Beautiful! Liked how you included your design idea on paper and the finshed piece!

Gisele Bourdon said...

Fantastique !!! Et que dire des magnifiques couleurs
Gisèle Du Québec

Grit said...

So, so wonderful, all your work. I love your blue quilt !!!! Really fantastic!!!!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Happy sewing to you too. Your blue and white is exquisite. Did you really make it with a jelly roll? Beautiful design, colors and your quilting is always so gorgeous.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Happy sewing to you too. Your blue and white is exquisite. Did you really make it with a jelly roll? Beautiful design, colors and your quilting is always so gorgeous.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Happy sewing to you too. Your blue and white is exquisite. Did you really make it with a jelly roll? Beautiful design, colors and your quilting is always so gorgeous.

Connie said...

Your quilt is awesome . . .what more can I say. You stole my heart with the beauty you created with your dear creative hands. Bravo!

What Comes Next? said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully! Your quilting , as always, is so inspiring, too!

JoyceT said...

Suffolk puffs? Oh, you mean yo-yos!

Jackie said...

Beautiful tops and your quilting is awesome.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Your blue and white quilt is magnificent! A prize winner for sure! Is the charity quilt to be raffled? If it is it is going to be very easy to sell tickets!

Soapstone Quilts said...

Stunning! You do such beautiful work on both the patchwork and the quilting.

Michele said...

Wow. It is really gorgeous.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

you always amaze me Rhianon!!!! Your quilt and your quilting is superb!!!!!!!

Raewyn said...

Congratulaions on such a beautiful finish. The quilting is gorgeous and the applique finishes it off perfectly!

Eileen said...

Your quilt is fantastic! Love the feathers and the McTavishing. Great job!

That charity quilt is darling :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...