Tuesday 2 December 2014

Grand Illusion Part 1


Yes its that time of year again when Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville thrills us all with a mystery quilt.
This will be my fourth Bonnie mystery and I have loved every quilt I have made.
First was Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll which has yet to be quilted.  Next was Orca Bay followed by Celtic Solstice both of which have been quilted and take turns on my bed.

 Back to this years mystery, its called Grand Illusion.
Click here to take you to the link up party and watch the progress of many quilters from around the world.
Ok.  I more or less stuck to the same colours as Bonnie but used different tones.


I am using the easy angle ruler to make my HSTs.  A dye cutting machine would be a great time saver here but I don't really mind slicing the fabric with a rotary cutter.  It's quite satisfying!


Coming along.


I am using scrappy yellows and I should say that I am making half the amount required for a smaller quilt.

                                                              Trimming the blocks.



All done, bagged and ready to go.
See you next week for Part 2
Rhianon.

4 comments:

Vireya said...

You have some really pretty fabrics there. Your blocks look great!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Absolutely love your colors for GI, what fun we are having .

Lynette said...

I love your colors :)

Karabeta said...

A beautiful start.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...