Friday 24 October 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival -Fall 2014

 My second entry into the Bloggers Quilt Festival is my Breakfast at Tiffanys quilt and I am putting it in the Original design category.

 It is a lap sized quilt which I designed myself.  For the center I used a charm pack ( called Breakfast at Tiffanys) and the disappearing 9 patch block.  Wide cream borders gave me lots of room for machine appliqued flowers and feathers.



I quilted this one( freehand with no stitch regulator)  on my Gracie frame with a Janome 1600P .  I was very pleased with the quilting as my machine only has a 9" arm space which is not very big at all!

                                                                       Center section

                              Quilted feathers in the border with McTavishing and pebbles.

 The flowers/feathers were machine appliqued with a blanket stitch on my smaller Janome 601






 In opposite corners I added some prairie points just to frame the quilting.

The quilt has dusky pink binding but I can't find a photo.  I'll keep looking and come back and add it.

If you would like to vote for my quilt then click this link.
Thank you if you do give me your vote and also for visiting today.
Enjoy the festival.
Rhainon.

15 comments:

Collette said...

stunning work!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

just gorgeous Rhianon

Mary Caldwell said...

Beautiful!!

Diane-crewe said...

beautiful work as always xx

Carla said...

This is glorious! The flowers are awesome . Beautiful quilt

dq said...

The quilting is wow, wow, wow!!!

I love the big applique' flowers in the border.

Good luck!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Altogether lovely! :)

Vera said...

Just wow! What a beautiful quilt! So many details!

Lynette said...

Another terrific entry from you! I loved watching this quilt emerge, and love seeing it all over again. Your work is always exquisite as well as entertaining, and you push me to achieve higher quality! Thank you for sharing this one again. :)

What Comes Next? said...

it is a beautiful quilt, and the quilting is gorgeous, especially knowing it was done on a 1600P!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I agree...wonderful quilting!! Very inspired!

Unknown said...

Hi, I like your thecnic, this quilt is stunning, love all on it, the design, color, quilting,
My quilts blog is http://shequiltstoday.com/

Hilary Florence said...

Hi Rhianon
Sorry, I've just left a comment on your owls and spelt your name wrong! sorry about that.
Your applique is a real work of art - amazing stitching. Do you use 2 layers of batting, or particularly high loft to get it to pop up so much?
I was also intrigued to see you use a Grace frame. I contemplated it but decided 9 inches wasn't enough. Do you find it makes a great difference to your quilting?

Ann X said...

I like your style and technic very much so yours got my vote.

Frog Quilter said...

Wow, fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...