I've had a great week making good progress on the viking longboat piece.
Last time you saw it i was ready to start the hand embroidery.
At this point I had the piece on a slat frame to give me good tension when working the embroidery. I thought things were going great until I noticed a major error in the drawing of the boat.
For the embroidery I used stranded cottons (floss) - 2 strands.
I added a couple of borders and the ornate corners just to break it up a bit. Ready to quilt now!
If you missed the first post about my viking piece, you can find it here
Now the quilting - the sea was really difficult and I thought I had messed it up at one stage but I just had to keep going....
So this is where I am up to now. Just the binding and the rigging to go on in that order.
I'll come back and show you the finished piece very soon.
Have a good weekend and thanks for visiting.