Saturday 20 October 2012

Starry Baby Quilt.

Last week at quilt group we did an easy peasy star block so when I got home I decided to use up a charm pack I had and this is the result ...


The blocks finished at 11.5" and a setting of 2x3 plus a couple of borders gave me a finished quilt of 36" x 48" - just a nice size for a baby.

I stitched in the ditch around the star points, stippled the center and used the same background filler I used on my Fishy Wall Hanging.

I wanted to see how the pattern would look quilted on a plain fabric.


In the coloured border, I quilted a half feather all the way around.


In the outer border  - well what else but more continuous feathers. 


I finished off with a nice pink binding.


This quilt is going to USA where I am hoping it will be sold along with a few other bits and pieces I am working on. I have been invited to take part in an open house sale of arts and crafts so I thought I would give it a whirl!

I've also made 5 flower pin cushions for the sale...

Here's 3 of them and a close up....

At the moment I'm busy working on a few other projects. They are fairly small so I will be back soon to show you what I've been up to.
Enjoy your weekend
Rhianon.

I'm just a little bit late, but I'm going to link up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and  TGIFF

5 comments:

Hope said...

It looks wonderful! How does the quilt feel with that background quilting pattern? Is it stiff at all?

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

your quilt looks fantastic Rhianon!! Good luck with the sale.

Diane-crewe said...

wonderful starts xx

Elaine M said...

Love your pincushions, fun! Your quilt is lovely, quilting looks fantastic.

Sarah Craig said...

Love love love that baby quilt, the quilting is marvelous!! And those pincushions are so cute! Whoop whoop!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...