Friday 18 May 2012

Butterflies and Sunflower Quilt - nearly a flimsy!

I am continuing to make good progress with this quilt.

I've added another 31/2" border here...... now it's time to audition fabrics for the next round of blocks.



                                                    Mmmmm , not sure about this one....

                                                  I'm liking this one better....

I decided to go with this one and made 40 snowball blocks for the next round.

These blocks also gave me 160 bonus HSTs to use in another project!

Now it is time for the final border.  This consists of 31/2" squares in a rainbow effect.
It's almost too big for me to lay out on my livingroom floor - need a bigger house!



So far I have 2 sides completed and hope to get the other 2 done today.  My Hobbs Heiorloom wadding is in the post and I will be able to start quilting this very soon. Cannot wait.

See you all next time.  Thanks for visiting.
Rhianon.

6 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

realy enjoying watching this come together xx

Debbie said...

Very interesting effect you are using for the border....can't wait to see the whole quilt. Going to be wonderful, I think.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Wow....that quilt is going to be spectacular:)

barbara woods said...

beautiful and we all need bigger floor space so we can spread out our quilts

JoAnne said...

Simply Stunning! I can't wait to see it finished, either. I'm loving the "rainbow effect" border.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It is looking beautiful, the border you did is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...