Friday 21 October 2011

Tallships Quilt -Finished!

Hello Everyone

I've had a busy week on the quilting front with way too many projects lined up.
Around wednesday I finished my Tallships quilt.

                                                  Middle border on.



I decided on some simple pinwheels for the next border.


Let the machine quilting commence!

I was very pleased with how my feathers turned out in the sashing bearing in mind that I am still a novice at free motion quilting.

I worked a bigger swirly pattern over the pinwheel section.

Simple but striking.

Finally bound with the same fabric as the inner border.  Always feels good to get another finsih under your belt.
Today I am working on 3 mug rugs and over the weekend I hope to get back to the Dresden quilt.
I've just realised that I have a huge to-do list for Christmas and I am going to be doing Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt which starts on 18th November.  Going to be a busy time which means I will be busy in blogland too!

I'm linking this post to http://missymaccreations.blogspot.com/2011/10/tgiff-epic-fail.html

Missy Mac creations is hosting this weeks TGIFF, so if you want to join the fun head on over there and post you link.

Have a great weekend - hope it is filled with lots of sewing.

Rhianon.

8 comments:

KristyLou said...

Your quilting is gorgeous. I love how this turned out.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, another finish! You are on a roll! Your Tall Ships is striking, Rhianon! Fabulous feathers too. From what I've seen, I'm not sure you're still a novice at FMQ, m'dear. You have excellent control and smooth curves. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Miss Hillbilly said...

This is beautiful!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

I love those tall ships. What a fantastic design. And your quilting is perfect. I am soooo jealous!

Mary-Frances said...

Beautiful finish and excellent quilting - the feathers are perfect!

Ivory Spring said...

Your quilting is gorgeous - perfect for the sail ship theme!!! Great job!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging comments. I really feel like I am making progress with this free motion quilting lark!

Axo said...

I want to learn how to sew with a machine, do you need a special machine to sew quilts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...