Friday 6 May 2011

Practice, practice, practice!!!!

Hello quilty people!

I've a good week on the quilting front.Those of you who know me will know that I am very new to machne quilting. For over 10 years I have sat and laboriously hand quilted everything I've ever made.
Now I have made the foray into the world of free motion quilting - and what a blast I am having.
The thing I read the most is to practice, practice, practice - so that is what I have been doing.



Yesterday, I filled in the side triangles and corners of the Mariner's Compass hanging with a fancy swirly pattern. Thank you Leah Day of Day Style Designs for the inspiration.
Anyone new to free motion quilting like me, should check out Leah's website. It is fantastic!


This piece was done just to practice on. We did the dinosaur block at quilt group - but I thought it looked more like a flower,so turned it upside down, added the leaves to the block and stuck them in a basket!


I was so pleased with how this turned out.

Click on the photos for a bigger view.
Food shop day today but as soon as that is done, it's back to my machine.
I've only had my Machingers a few weeks and already they are filthy!
Have a great weekend, what ever you are up to.
Rhianon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...