Thursday 21 April 2011

Little Truckers Quilt

Hello
A quick post today to let you see a little quilt I finsihed.

I used Suzanne McNeils 10 minute block ( you tube). It was good fun and I got the chance to practice my free motion quilting.

I sent it to my friend in Northern Ireland who has a gorgeous little baby boy. One good turn deserves another, right? She loved it.


Today I am hoping to make some progress with the Mariners Compass wall hanging. Here's a sneaky peek at it so far.

Have a lovely Easter weekend everyone.
Until the next time
Happy sewing
Rhianon.

4 comments:

Paul said...

That Mariner's compass is beautiful! Has DH seen it yet, or are you keeping it a surprise?

I also have to say, I like the new look with the purple. From what little I know about you, this looks more like "you" than the orange swirls did...

Happy Quilting

Paul
www.OutnumberedQuilter.blogspot.com

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thanks Paul. Yes DH has seen it - I take over the living room floor when I'm putting a top together. Luckily he is very tolerant!!!

Glad you like my new look blog - I was trying to find a nice Scottish looking tartan and this fitted the bill. I like the white background better too, it's easier to read.
Have a lovely Easter weekend Paul.

patricia belyea said...

Happy Easter. Great to have found you too. Your embroidery is exciting. My formal dining room is my quilting studio and it definitely spills out into our family spaces.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thanks Patricia- I sew in the dining room too. My sewing machine and ironing board are permanently set up. I used to sew in my bedroom before we moved house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...